Thursday, May 31, 2007

What a great week!
















We have had such a good week. We're all feeling much better and we've spent some time as a family just enjoying each other's company. We went furniture shopping Monday and bought a couch, then had friends over Monday night. Ellie and I played Tuesday and went for a walk, then we had one of her favorite students come stay with her and Jeff and I went to the movies. We closed on our house yesterday and Ellie went home with my mom, so she's having a blast and I've been working on the final steps of me getting my new job. I'll be working about 10 hours a week and should start any time. These pictures are from Monday and Tuesday. Ellie wrote an E in the second one. She adds a few extra lines, but she does a great job. She liked the sparklers, but it drove her crazy that she couldn't touch them. We planted the flowers that Jaci's mom sent me when Lista died into bigger pots and Ellie loved using the watering can! It was pretty cute.
My aunt got some really good news from her doctor and her other treatments and the transplant process should start soon. I'll keep you posted on her progress.
One more thing you can pray for...my grand-daddy has to start his chemo again Tuesday. He has colon cancer, but his treatments were put on hold because he came down with pneumonia. Now that he's getting over that, they are going to try chemo again.
Thanks for being such great friends! Hope you're having a great week, too!

2 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

Congrats, home-owner! I know you'll be busy working your magic on that house this summer. Woo hoo!
And I'm glad you are feeling better.
Tell me about your new job.

Sher said...

The picture of Jeff and Ellie with the sparkler is sooooooo adorable! The one of you and Jeff in the last post is a really good one too! Glad you guys had a good weekend! Miss you!