Tuesday, May 15, 2007

We're back

We are back safe and sound after a week in NYC. We had such a good time! We were all tired, but Ellie was an amazing little traveler and she loved hanging out with the college students. I'll post pictures soon and I have so many cute stories to tell, so I'll post them a few at a time.

First, an update on Lista. I don't even think they are going to try the treatment now because she is sick. I'm a little numb to the situation right now and am angry to an extent. They won't even schedule her to come to the hospital because they know she won't survive the treatment since she is so sick. However, she's not just going to get better on her own, so she's not going to survive the cancer. My big question right now is, why not go on and just try the treatment...if it is too strong for her body and she doesn't survive the injection, she doesn't have to suffer any more, right? Otherwise, she is just wasting away sitting at home not able to do anything, suffering, not feeling well, not able to care for her baby, not able to talk to anyone, not even able to stand on her own. It just upsets me that with all of modern medicine, there is nothing they can do for her. We had so much hope, but from what I understand there is no hope. Thankfully, she is a Christian and she will soon be in a better place where she doesn't have to suffer any more. I don't understand why this is happening to her and I guess I never will. Please pray for her that she isn't in pain, for her baby boy that he grows up know his mommy loved him so much, for Lista's husband, sister, mom, and dad that they can all find some peace and comfort somehow, and for all of our family as we try to deal with the situation.

I am so thankful for my healthy little girl, my marriage (of 7 years, as of this weekend), and my new baby girl growing inside me. As for material things, I am thankful for a great car and for our new house that we'll move in to next month. I'll never understand why such good things happen to bad people and such bad things happen to good people, but I know that I am blessed and that I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

No comments: