Sunday, May 27, 2007

Catching up











Just catching up with everyone and letting you know what's been going on in our world the last two weeks. It's been a little rough, but there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel. After we got home from New York, Ellie was sick for a couple of days, then I got sick...but we tried to go on and stick with our plans. Elizabeth, my 10-year-old niece, graduated from 5th grade, so Ellie and I went to celebrate with her for the day. Then, we took Ellie to Murray to stay with Jeff's parents and he surprised me and took me to a resort at Lake Barkley for the night. It was our anniversary - 7 years! It was great to get away and have no responsibilities!!! We relaxed, went for a swim, went out to eat...but I had a fever, so I also slept a lot. Jeff and Ellie played with a frog and she was finally brave enough to touch it. She's pretty timid when it comes to touching animals. We got a call telling us that Lista didn't wake up and as hard as it was to believe that she was gone, I was so glad to know that she was not suffering anymore. I hate funerals...but I've never lived through anything like her funeral. I know Cy is going to take great care of Cade and that little boy will always know how much his Mommy loved him. Cy takes him for a golf cart ride every day! I had a fever through the whole thing, which didn't help how I was feeling. I also ended up having a reaction to the medicine I was taking and was horribly sick at my stomach for days. My uncle got married last night and the wedding went well. My family was all together again and it was a little odd without Lista, but I think everyone agrees that she is much better off now - we hated to see her suffer like she did. I'm actually still running a fever and coughing like crazy, but I am feeling so much better. Ellie has not been sleeping well at night and she's been really whiny lately, but we've had quite a bit going on so maybe we can get back to some normalcy this week.
I felt like if I wrote all of this, I could vent a little and maybe get it out of my system and start to move on. Overall, I am thankful for the way things have worked out lately. I've realized several things about me lately - some good and some bad, but I'm working on the bad things and trying to take better care of myself, so that I can also take better care of Jeff, Ellie, and Ava.

2 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

I believe that God will bring good out of Lista's death and provide in every way for Cy and Cade. He has already provided them with a loving family.

I'm sorry you've been so sick lately. HOpefully you can rest and recover this week. We'll keep praying for you and the fam. I know you're closing on your house soon, too. Hope that goes well! We miss you!

Sher said...

I hope you know how much I love you and look up to you! You are greatness!