Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happies and Crappies

My friend, Emily, posted "Thankful Thursday" on her blog and I thought I'd do the same. Only, once I thought about it, I thought I'd do what our life group at church does. We do happies and crappies. What was the best part of the week, what was the worst part/prayer requests.

My happies for the week: my girls.

I'm so blessed with such wonderful girls and I've really paid attention to that this week. I don't like to compare them to other kids, but I do like to think about typical kid behavior and see if my kids are doing the same developmentally and socially. Ellie has an earlier bed time and has done so much better - not so whiny, not pushing my buttons as much, and just happier all around. Ava is such an amazing baby! She's fairly advanced in her development and she's just a great kid! People warned me that the second born would be a handful, but she has proven them wrong so far (aside from the month when she was about 2 months old when we thought she had food allergies - and by the way, I think I've figured it out - BANANAS, of all things!!)

I kept my nieces over the weekend and we had a blast! All 4 girls went to get their picture taken and it turned out great! It's so nice to spend time with family.

Jeff broke out his guitar tonight and played around with it and I played my keyboard for a little while. We don't do that very often, but our kids love it when we do. Ellie likes to learn to play along and Ava loves to listen.

We were able to spend time with our neighbors today, which we haven't done in a very long time! We had a good time and it was good to do something out of the ordinary.

My cousin, Landy, turned 25 today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EFFIE! :-)

Also, I've been reading my Bible every night for the past week. I've never done that consistently in my entire life, so it was a big accomplishment, although I still have lots to learn.


My crappies/prayer requests:
~Ellie was sick this week - tonsils were swollen, puss pockets on throat, fever, runny nose, cough...I took her to the dr., but her dr. was out and the one we saw said she was fine - to just take her home and let her rest...?!?? At least it wasn't strep.
~Ava has had a runny nose and has been fussy today. She's not a fussy baby at all, so we know she doesn't feel well.
~Normal, everyday strains in our marriage. We've just been in a funk lately and need to get out of it. I think the weather is making it worse because we can't do so many of our favorite things.
~Friends. I don't feel like I have many close ones here. Most of my best friends live several hours away and it's hard to meet people and/or spend time to develop relationships when we're iced in.
~ICE. We have it again. Jeff actually slipped on it today and has some pretty good bruises. He'll probably end up at the chiropractor because his shoulder is really bothering him.

2 comments:

the ruffhouse said...

You know you're a mom with toddlers when you mention poop and crappies in the same week on your blogspot. =) Hope Ellie and Ava feel better soon - Jeff too!

It's a Mom Thing said...

I miss you, friend!