Friday, December 07, 2007

Doctor visit

So, if you don't know, I was very nervous about our doctor visit today. After talking with the nurse about Ava and not getting any support, I was ready to switch doctors. However, the visit was good. Jeff did a great job of standing up and initiating the conversation about the nurse's answers and at the end of the visit, the doctor said it shouldn't have happened that way and that if anything like that ever happens again or if I don't feel like I get my questions answered, to ask to specifically talk to her, not the nurse. That made me feel much better. She said that when the nurse told her I called the first time, the nurse wrote down "fussy baby, hoarse voice". The whole story was that Ava had been fussing for like a week and a half straight and seemed to be crying in pain and had cried so much that she had completely lost her voice. The doctor was surprised to hear that it was such a different story. Anyway, she even said the allergy thing seems legit and that she wants a full report sent to her so that she knows specifics after we see the allergist. Long story short, she was very supportive and apologetic of how the nurse handled the phone conversations.

The girls are both in about the 50th percentile for their weight and 95th percentile for their height. How we have such tall girls, I'll never know, but I'm glad! :-)

Pray for Ava and us. Along with what we think is food allergies, she has a dimple in the crack of her butt that they want to check. We knew she did at her 1 week check-up, but the doctor said she could see the end of the hole and it was nothing to worry about. However, this time she couldn't see the end of the hole in the dimple, so we have to go in sometime in the next couple of weeks for an ultrasound of it. The danger is that it can be an indicator of spina bifida, but the doctor said everything is probably fine she just wants to be safe and make sure.

3 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

You poor things. I'm glad your visit went well and the doctor made things right. That's so frustrating when you know your children and they don't take you seriously. I hope all will be well with Ava soon.

the broomes said...

We will be praying for ya'll!!! Sorry that I don't have any good resources for a dairy-free diet... that's pretty challenging!! Good thing you're a great cook and creative! Keep us updated with Ava...we will be praying!

Sher said...

I am totally behind on your lives! Sorry to hear about all the craziness. I will be praying for you guys!