Thursday, August 16, 2007

New news

Just posting some new news. Nothing real big or exciting, just life.

First of all, and probably the most exciting is that I am about 5 weeks from my due date!! We are going to the dr. for a regular check-up tomorrow and are going to talk to him about being induced. We have tons of reasons, but the top three are because of my job (just gives me time to warn the parents I'll be out for a couple of weeks), because we can make plans for who is going to keep Ellie ahead of time and not have to rush around at 2 in the morning or something, and because I really want my mom to be here when Ava is born - she is with my aunt who is in the hospital getting her chemo and starting the transplant process. If she knows ahead of time, my cousin can stay with my aunt and my mom can come see Ava.

Second, Ellie started her Kindermusik class today! She loved it, although she was actually pretty shy. That's not like her, so I figure the newness will wear off soon and she'll open up and really enjoy the class. (Thanks to my friend Sandy for telling me about the class.)

Other random stuff:
Students are coming back soon and we're excited about seeing them after they've been gone for the summer and meeting new students.

Our neighbors continue to amaze us at what great friends they are - to us and to Ellie.

Ellie's Mommy and Me dance class starts Sept. 18th! (tap, ballet, and tumbling)

My job is amazing! I am always tired at the end of the day (only Wednesday and 1/2 day Thursday), but also always proud of myself for really focusing on what I need to do and getting it done (both from a working perspective and taking care of my family financially). (Thanks again to my friend Sandy who told me about the job and helped me get started - I owe her!!)

My 30th birthday was a blast and Jeff did a great job of making it special for me!

I've been really bad about keeping in touch and sending things like thank you notes and birthday cards, so here's a special HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish to Levi, Micah, Erin, Carla, and all of our special friends, many of whom do not even check Ellie's blog so they'll never know...maybe I should quit typing and just send them cards?!? :-)

1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

are you going to change the name of your blog when Ava arrives? Or with all your spare time are you going to just start another blog up?? Ha.