Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Advice

Okay. So we need some advice. We're having a hard time deciding on a refrigerator for our new house. I mean, when we went to pick out a couch, it was so much fun because we looked around, decided on what we liked and didn't like and as soon as we found the one we bought, we knew it was "THE ONE". We've enjoyed so much of our time looking for stuff for our house...but the fridge is a different story. Everyone tells us something different and it's not like we can try one out and see whether we like it or not. Here are our top choices...let us know if you have any advice.

~French doors with the freezer on the bottom
~one door with the freezer on the bottom
~a "side by side" with ice and water in the door

3 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

Here's what I think.
Simple is better. I do like the french doors, but those are $$$$. But if you have it, I would get that one. People I know that have side-by-sides complain that they really aren't that big. My parents have a freezer-on-the-bottom, and I personally like my freezer on the top better.
I would go with a Kenmore, for sure!

the ruffhouse said...

We have a single door with freezer on the bottom and I love it! I wouldn't get the ice/water thing with kids b/c it gets messy quick and I've known several people with leaks on theirs. I have no idea about the french doors thing. We had a very limited space and doorway, so our decision was narrowed for us. Good luck!

The G Family said...

We have a side-by-side with the ice/water on the door. It has a lock button so Jack can't make a mess with it. We love the "lock" button - but at times the fridge does get a little full. Nathan likes it though because he hates bending down to put things in the fridge. He thinks it's more friendly for "tall" people. The Mathews just bought a French door fridge and they like it. They spent the extra $ and bought a model with the ice/water in the door because otherwise you're constantly having to bend down to your freezer (on the bottom) to get ice. And, too, it has a "lock" button so little ones can't make a mess on the floor. Check out 'Best Buy' they did have a 2 year 0% financing deal with free delivery and installation if there is one nearby. We also found that their prices were cheaper than others.