Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lista

My cousin, Lista, could really use some extra prayer. I know those of you who have been reading this blog have been praying and I really appreciate it. She is so sick. I feel so sorry for her and her more immediate family. My mom helps keep her baby one day a week and she said Lista has lost so much weight. For those of you who don't know Lista, she is about 5 feet tall and weighed about 95 pounds before she got pregnant. She didn't gain much in her pregnancy, so she's tiny anyway. She couldn't really afford to lose more weight. She can't eat though, because she is so sick. She hasn't had chemo in a couple of weeks, but it is still making her sick at her stomach. She can't take care of herself, much less her baby. My mom said her baby doesn't even really know who is mama is. It's just such a sad situation. My honest prayer is that if God is going to take her away from us, that he go ahead and take her instead of continually making her suffer. Not that I want to lose my cousin, just that I hate to see her suffer. However, I really like the verses in John 9 that talk about Jesus healing the man who was born blind. The disciples asked him who sinned, the man or his parents, that he was born blind. "NEITHER THIS MAN ,NOR HIS PARENTS SINNED," SAID JESUS, BUT THIS HAPPENED SO THAT THE WORK OF GOD MIGHT BE DISPLAYED IN HIS LIFE." I am trying to believe that Lista will soon be a walking miracle. Please share her story and ask for prayers from everyone you know. Thanks!

No comments: