Friday, January 08, 2010

Our Christmas, 2009

Oh, I could post hundreds of pictures from our Christmas this year. It was wonderful! My mom and I decided it was the best Christmas so far!! Here is the somewhat shorter version of some of our highlights...

So, my girls really don't care much for the "real" Santa. They like the idea, but refuse to sit in his lap. We got to go with some of our friends to have "Dinner with Santa", and Santa was nice enough to sneak in to this picture...of course once the girls figured out he was behind them, they were GONE in a flash!! I wish I had their reactions on camera, but I was so worried about rescuing them that I didn't snap a pic.

Our good friends we went with...notice Ellie is keeping her eye on Santa!! :-)

ET...phone home!
or it could be, I Spy a naked little girl named Ava!
The girls both had a little stomach bug, so Ava was playing Dr.
We got to celebrate Tishie being in remission, so we all put our hats on and went out to eat, then to a movie.
What a great night! Good company, good food, good news, and a great movie - Old Dogs.
My mom found Ava in her front window and she said,
"I watch my Dizzy to come!" She was so ready to see her cousins!
The cousins at Nonee's
One of my favorite pic of the girls this Christmas,
although I say that about every other picture of them!!
Christmas at Nonee and Poppa's was a HUGE hit!
Scooters for everyone!
I laughed so hard my stomach was hurting watching them ride in circles.
The grandkids in their jammies
When you push a button, Santa sings and dances. Ellie used to be scared half to death of him, but loves it now. This was one of my Grand-daddy's favorite Christmas decorations!
Christmas at Nannie's
I could kick myself...I did individual family pics of everyone, but we didn't get a big group picture this year...oops
Tishie with my brothers' kids.
She was feeling so good that day!!
My Tishie and me
I LOVE this one!
Ellie helped me make the cake that you'll see farther down in the pics...
(so did my mom, but it wasn't as cute to have a picture of me and her working on it together!!)
My Mom and Dad and Nannie came Christmas Day to our house.
This is the first year since Jeff and I have been a family for us to be home on Christmas Day and I was so thankful my parents and Nannie could come!! A new tradition at the Hughes house!
Avie showing Nannie her "Chicken monks" card!
Ellie was pretty excited about her new camera from us!
Something I never dreamed I would see...
my Dad brushed out Ava's hair after her bath.
They are so funny together - she loves her Poppa!
He does things with my kids that I don't remember him doing with me. Singing silly songs, combing out Ava's hair... Not to say he didn't enjoy being a Dad, he was just more worried about putting food on the table and carting us around to all of our activities...he is LOVING every minute of being a Grampa!
My cake. (with the help of Ellie and my Mom)
Paula Deen's peppermint cake.
I made one last year, one this year, and plan on doing it again next year!
My Avie and me in Murray
Luke, Meme, Ellie, Rosie, and Ava
Ellie is so proud of her "baby that looks like her"!
She changes her clothes ALL the time. When Ellie puts her pj's on, so does "Ella"
Decorating "cookies" (aka iced graham crackers) with Issy and Lydia (Ellie's bff)
BFF'S
Issy's first time ever to have Redi Whip squirted in her mouth...
that's common at our house!!
Headed out to see the Chipmunks Squeakuel!
New Year's Eve
(toasting with Ginger Ale!!)
Ava said, "Say Chairs!" (aka cheers)
Issy, Ellie, and Diz with Grandaddy Randy
Ava and Meemaw
The little girls in front of Nonee and Poppa's fire.

No comments: