Monday, March 24, 2008

Already??

Ava decided to start sitting on her own this weekend. She's not a pro yet, but she can sit for a good 30+ seconds on her own and sometimes longer. I have to get her sitting just right, but she'll sit and play with a toy. She also quit taking her pacifier. Ellie stopped taking hers at 7 1/2 months and we wanted to do about the same with Ava. She'll be 6 months old Friday, so I guess she thinks she's big stuff. She's also babbling like crazy and saying mama and bye bye, and blowing raspberries if that counts as talking.

Ellie has moved past her 3 year old "funk" that she seemed to be in. She was really in a phase that was not our favorite, but the past month or so has been wonderful! She was sassy, defiant, lying, pushing the limits, whining...and it was driving us crazy. She didn't really have the terrible 2's, but when she hit 3, we thought we were going to lose our minds. She's back, though. Our sweet, obedient, loving little girl - who is not so little anymore!!

My cousin, Landy, was playing with the kids at Nannie's house on Easter and she convinced them she was magic by "taking off her thumb" and putting it back on. So, I was giving the girls a bath tonight and was trying to juggle 2 kids in the tub when one can't sit up. I finished, got Ava out, dried her off, put a diaper on her, and wrapped her in her towel. I went to get Ellie out of the tub so she could put her own pajamas on while I was putting Ava's on and I guess I wasn't fast enough. She was telling me to hurry because she was cold. I said, "I'm going as fast as I can. I'm not magic - I can't do everything all at once." To which she replied, "Well, Landy is magic!"

1 comment:

Christy said...

sooooooo cute!