Monday, July 20, 2009

Grand-daddy "Red" and Lista


Just wanted to put a couple of pictures up of Lista. We miss her terribly! She and Landy were such good sisters and Ellie and Ava remind me so much of them!! It will be interesting to see if they grow up to be like Lista and Landy.

We all love this picture of Lista, but I am especially fond of it because it's one of the few that I have of her holding Ellie. Sure wish my Avie could have known her.

Nannie and Grand-daddy
Ellie calls him Grand-daddy "Red"
(Red was his nickname that most people knew him as because of his red hair)
love this family picture
Christmas 2007

I got so emotional at the 4th of July parade when I saw all the antique cars!
Grand-daddy had several and boy did he love parades! He was all about the attention. He even drove Santa in some of the Christmas parades, and he loved driving the beauty queens around. It's funny because that is one of my favorite memories of being with Grand-daddy - his old cars and parades. Jeff's favorite memories of his gran-gran (one of them) is parades - he always put his horses in the parades.
Anyway, I got emotional again when we went to the Otter's game. When we walked in to the baseball game, there was a song playing from A League of Their Own, where Grand-daddy was an extra and his car was the one the teenager drove Gena Davis to the bar to warn the other girls in!! He drove the girls and me in to our wedding in their yard in that car.
I love the memories I have of my Grand-daddy and hope my girls always have special memories of their Papa and D!

No comments: