Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our week...

Ava's ready for her Christmas party at Mother's Morning Out.
She talks about her "Mah-Mah" all the time - Maggie is one of her friends there!
This is the Paula Deen Peppermint Cake that
Ellie and I stayed up so late making last night - it was SO worth it!!
Ellie and I got to have a "big girl" day and I took her to see the Nutcracker ballet.
We had such a good time. We do little things here and there, but it's always really special when she and I get to do things by ourselves. Jeff and I are going to start spending more time with both of the girls individually because it's so different and so fun to make them feel so important that they get Mommy or Daddy to themselves! Poor Ava rarely gets one-on-one time, but she eats it up when she does.
A diaper cake Ellie and I made for a baby shower at church.
The topper was a Christmas ornament they could keep and
the ribbon in the center was a hairbow for the big sister!!

We've had a busy week! Started with a visit to the ENT - both girls are getting tubes in their ears on the 29th and Ellie is getting her adenoids taken out. Then, Ellie had a stomach bug, then Jeff got it, which meant I changed my work schedule and have had to reschedule for later this week and didn't get much sleep (something I should be catching up on right now!!) Last night, Ava had a rough night and Ellie and I were making a cake for her teachers at Mother's Morning Out (actually, it was for all the staff), so I went to bed at 2am (Ellie crashed way before then) and was up at 7, but was up with Ava 2 times between then. We took the girls to Chuck E Cheese just for fun as a family yesterday and I took the girls caroling at a nursing home tonight. I love Christmas and all the activities, but I'm almost ready to slow down...my favorite thing about January.

No comments: