Friday, April 18, 2008

EARTHQUAKE

I can honestly say that I was the most scared of my life at 4:30 this morning when I realized we were having an earthquake. I woke Jeff up (he sleeps through everything) and took off to get the girls...my fear was not being able to get to them. I had to think fast because I wanted to get one and have Jeff get the other, so my reasoning was that if I needed to for whatever reason, I could maneuver better holding Ava and Jeff could handle Ellie better, so I yelled for him to get Ellie and we stood in their doorways. The weirdest part for me what that I could tell that it started on the end of our house that our bedrooms are on and moved to where the office is. Thankfully, we are all fine and we had no damage, it just wiggled a safety gate loose outside going to our swimming pool.

Ava had her 6 month check up today. She weighs 18lbs. 5 oz. and is 27 3/4 inches long - those measurements, along with her head are in about the 95th percentile. (We think they measured her length wrong at her 4 month check up because they said it was 27 1/2 and there is no way she has only grown 1/4 of an inch in 2 months.) Anyway, all is well and she's growing and meeting milestones wonderfully.

Ellie had an evaluation on Wednesday because we're dealing with some sensory issues. Nothing big, just little things that if targeted, will help her in school. She chews on things a lot, has trouble with balance/vestibular, and really doesn't like her hands to be dirty. Although some of the things sound quirky and silly, I didn't want to just let it go, so she will receive Occupational Therapy for a short time to try to help her in some of these areas. (Being a developmental therapist makes me so much more aware of some of these things.) She also tested her fine motor skills, and Ellie scored in the 98th percentile, so she's well above average there!

1 comment:

the ruffhouse said...

Cute photos! I was in Paducah for the quake and did the same thing - except I got my mom b/c Kevin wasn't there. Then we just looked at each other and realized there was nothing we could do - so we went back to sleep. =)